Hollywood's 25 Top Power Lunch Restaurants
By the time Edoardo Baldi opened e. baldi in 2006, he'd learned traditional Tuscan cooking inside out from his famous father, namesake founder of Santa Monica's Giorgio Baldi.
While people come to see and be seen among regulars Brad Grey, Ridley Scott, Bob Daly, Jerry Bruckheimer and Jerry Weintraub, there's no doubt this is one of L.A.'s foodiest restaurants. Dieting ladies munch on the seafood carpaccio and grilled langoustines, heartier eaters go for corn agnolotti and fresh pastas, and everybody loves the Dover sole.
Chef Baldi has received standing ovations at private dinners he's made for former Yahoo! CEO Terry Semel and wife Jane and cooks for Tom Cruise (Katie Holmes adored his food). While there are no off-the-menu items, he caters to requests by regulars: Peter Morton likes to have his sauces modified. Just don't ask Edoardo for table No. 1 (next to the window) when it's booked by Brian Grazer, Denzel Washington, Woody Allen, Arnold Kopelson or the like: "That table causes World War III," Baldi says.
Turns out, the chef-owner himself does the seating just before the slew of agents, art dealers and socialites arrive for lunch.
- Hailee Steinfeld Shows Off Singing Chops With Shawn Mendes 'Stitches' Duet
- Sh*t That Everyone Seems To Inexplicably Do In An Uber
- See The Emotional First Teaser For Cary Fukunaga's Netflix Film, 'Beasts Of No Nation'
- This Is The Awesome Body-Positive Mantra Kate Winslet Recites With Her Teenage Daughter
- Quiz: Who Said It, Real Housewife Ramona Singer or Fake Youngster Ramona Quimby?
- Morrissey Says He Was Sexually Assaulted by San Francisco Airport Security
- Taxi Driver, Girls, and 7 Other Big Influences on Mr. Robot
- Difficult People Trailer: Julie Klausner Joins Billy Eichner in Shouting at People on the Street