THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
The phenomenal success of James' erotic novel has been the most important story in publishing this year. Not only has the book sold more than 60 million copies worldwide, netting her about $100 million, but its success has legitimated fan fiction and made romance a hot category. The movie adaptation -- Focus Features paid $5 million for the rights -- is already one of the most buzzed-about projects in Hollywood. The London-based author, 49, kept an unusual amount of creative control from script to casting, and has shrewdly struck a deal with CopCorp to license Fifty Shades merchandise, including lingerie and jewelry.
Most surprising song on my iPod: "Right Said Fred" by Bernard Cribbins.
Top three shows on my DVR: Homeland, Modern Family … they're all American. I'm trying to think. Do I have anything British?
One indulgence: A new pair of Uggs. I just bought a pair yesterday. Yeah, they're so expensive, and I just thought, "You know what? My other ones are actually falling apart."
Totally starstruck around: I'm not easily starstruck, to be honest, but I went to a Women of the Year luncheon in London, where I met a lot of Team GB [The British Olympic Team]. They wanted their photo taken with me, and I wanted my photo taken with them. That was amazing.
Toughest decision I had to make this year: To learn to be careful of what I say. It can be taken the wrong way.
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- How Should Loved Ones of New Reality TV Talent Handle the Exposure? Answers to the Most Commonly-Asked Questions
- R.I.P. Jerry Weintraub, a Modern Day Renaissance Man
- 'Frozen' Has A Ridiculous/Hilarious Disclaimer You Probably Never Noticed
- Johnny Depp Surprises Sick Kids At Hospital Dressed Like Jack Sparrow
- The Lego Movie Guys Are Making a Star Wars Stand-alone Film About a Young Han Solo
- Bill Cosby’s Shows’ Reruns Pulled From Centric and Bounce TV
- The Bozo Who Charged His Phone on Hand to God’s Stage Was Even Ruder Than You Thought (There's Video Proof)
- Your First Look at Melissa McCarthy in Her Ghostbusters Uniform