THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
Gabler, 56, is widely admired for her taste in projects, from Walk the Line to The Devil Wears Prada. For the past two years, the circumspect executive largely has been focused on Ang Lee's Life of Pi, based on Yann Martel's best-selling novel and the movie that many doubted would work. Proving the naysayers wrong, Pi overperformed in its debut over the Thanksgiving weekend and could be in line for a best picture Oscar nom. Upcoming Fox 2000 releases include the sequel Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters and the Hailee Steinfeld starrer Why We Broke Up.
Who gave me my first big break: Producer Jerry Weintraub, who brought me aboard as a vp at United Artists.
Toughest decision I had to make this year: There were a couple of movies I decided not to make, including The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Kenneth Branagh was attached to direct, and we had Kate Winslet, but just couldn't make it happen.
When I leave work each day, I can't wait to: See my husband and 10-year-old daughter.
Favorite way to unwind on the weekend: Riding horses at my Santa Barbara home. I have a new one named Soldier.
My indulgence: There are a few, including buying art.
Can't get through my workday without: Saying my daughter's goodnight prayer. No matter where in the world I am, I call and we say it together.
Proudest moment this year: Screening Life of Pi at the New York Film Festival.
Totally starstruck around: It was Ang Lee for a long time; now he's like my relative. I'm also in awe of Meryl Streep.
When my relatives are confused about what I do, I tell them: They always ask me, "Where's your credit?" I tell them I'm not a producer. My "part" is the 20th Century Fox opening label.
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Jon Stewart: Donald Trump Is Exactly The Opposite Of What The GOP Was Looking For
- Artist Reimagines Disney Princes And Princesses As Real People, Will Almost Certainly Make You Swoon
- Jon Snow Is 'Dead Is Dead Is Dead,' Says HBO Exec; Still, Doubts Linger
- Ryan Seacrest’s 'Knock Knock Live' Axed After Just 2 Episodes
- Read How Martin Luther King Jr. Affected Star Trek and Nichelle Nichols's Career
- Rock Series from Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger Finally Gets Its Name
- Ice T Voices Papa Smurf, Slaps Another Smurf in the Face, and Then Laughs About It
- Watch Marty Throw a Temper Tantrum After Watching True Detective's Second Season