THR Ranks Hollywood's 25 Most Powerful Stylists
WHY SHE MATTERS
Oscar nominee Jessica Chastain (also nominated last year) and red-carpet regular Amanda Seyfried kept Stewart’s work in the spotlight throughout awards season.
Chastain, Seyfried, Cate Blanchett, Freida Pinto, Ginnifer Goodwin, Cody Horn, Salma Hayek, Julia Roberts
GETTING OSCAR GLAM
The former Women’s Wear Daily editor and stylist for The New York Times Magazine is no stranger to juggling multiple nominees; she styled The Help’s Chastain and Viola Davis in 2012. For the 2013 Oscars, Stewart spent months working with the London-based Alexander McQueen design team on a custom look for Seyfried. “It was exciting to see the lavender gown brought to life,” says Stewart of the delicate organza halter dress, which triggered Anne Hathaway’s last-minute switch from a similar Valentino to pink Prada. Zero Dark Thirty’s Chastain also looked gorgeous in a copper-hued Armani Prive strapless column that tailors were working on until 2 p.m. Oscar day. “It was so important to get a perfect fit since it was such a simple dress,” says Stewart, who did the majority of Chastain’s red-carpet fittings via Skype because the actress was kept in New York by her role in Broadway’s The Heiress.
LABELS SHE LOVES
Alexander McQueen, Givenchy, Prabal Gurung, Proenza Schouler
- Jon Gosselin Performs DJ Gig At An Empty New Jersey Bowling Alley
- A Few Words on Russell Tovey and Why If It Weren't for My Father, I Wouldn't Be a Faggot
- Giorgio Armani Kicks Madonna While She's Down About THAT Cape
- Is 'Bachelor' Star Chris Soules The Mystery Contestant On 'Dancing With The Stars'?
- Bobby Brown's Family Filming Reality Series During Bobbi Kristina Brown's Hospitalization
- Kanye West Tells Oxford Students: If I Can Remove My Ego, 'There's Hope For Everyone'
- Dakota Johnson Cut 'SNL' Sketch: Anastasia Steele Visits New Red Room in 'Fifty Shades' Sequel
- Taylor Schilling & Jackie Cruz Form Strong Bond Outside of 'Orange is the New Black'