Next Gen 2012: Hollywood's Fastest-Rising Stars
Fanning, 14, is the rarest commodity in Hollywood: a teenage actor more poised and soulful than most adults. Following in the footsteps of her older sister Dakota, the Conyers, Ga.-born actress has tackled big action flicks (Super 8), moody indies (Somewhere) and, this fall, gripping drama in Sally Potter's film Ginger & Rosa -- a role that's giving the actress her first serious awards buzz.
BIG BREAK: When I was 2 years old, I played my sister at a younger age in Jessie Nelson's I Am Sam. I got to swing on a swing with Sean Penn.
CAREER INSPIRATION: I used to watch Grease over and over again. I loved getting to see '50s style. It's so cool. These people get to dress up, have different hair and pretend like they're in different decades. That's so neat to me.
BIGGEST 2012 ACCOMPLISHMENT: This is a big one: I used to bite my nails really bad, so I finally grew them out enough to be able to put polish on them. Right now I have on a sheer pink.
I FALL ASLEEP AT: 11 p.m.
THE LAST THING I DO: Mark off what I've done on my Barbie calendar. I write with my special pink pen everything that I have to do that day, so then the last thing I do is cross off what I've done.
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Gerard Butler Makes Hugo Boss Look So Good at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Mindy Kaling to 'Flare': If I Want 3 Kids, I Need to Get Going (Exclusive Pic!)
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Honored Her Mom Marcheline at Their Intimate Wedding