Next Gen 2012: Hollywood's Fastest-Rising Stars
Fanning, 14, is the rarest commodity in Hollywood: a teenage actor more poised and soulful than most adults. Following in the footsteps of her older sister Dakota, the Conyers, Ga.-born actress has tackled big action flicks (Super 8), moody indies (Somewhere) and, this fall, gripping drama in Sally Potter's film Ginger & Rosa -- a role that's giving the actress her first serious awards buzz.
BIG BREAK: When I was 2 years old, I played my sister at a younger age in Jessie Nelson's I Am Sam. I got to swing on a swing with Sean Penn.
CAREER INSPIRATION: I used to watch Grease over and over again. I loved getting to see '50s style. It's so cool. These people get to dress up, have different hair and pretend like they're in different decades. That's so neat to me.
BIGGEST 2012 ACCOMPLISHMENT: This is a big one: I used to bite my nails really bad, so I finally grew them out enough to be able to put polish on them. Right now I have on a sheer pink.
I FALL ASLEEP AT: 11 p.m.
THE LAST THING I DO: Mark off what I've done on my Barbie calendar. I write with my special pink pen everything that I have to do that day, so then the last thing I do is cross off what I've done.
- T-Pain on What Happened to His Aaliyah Collaboration, Furious 7, and FKA Twigs' Engagement to Robert Pattinson [Updated]
- Patricia Arquette Will Follow Up Her Oscar Win With a Memoir
- Pete Holmes on How the Comedian Became the Modern-Day Philosopher
- Ed Sheeran Fits Right in With the Cast of Sesame Street
- You Can Own a 'Magic Mike XXL' T-Shirt with Channing Tatum's Shirtless Torso On the Front!
- Kelly Clarkson Makes Epic Return to 'American Idol,' Sings 'At Last' & 'Heartbeat Song' - Watch Now!
- George Clooney & Sacha Baron Cohen Hug It Out After Dinner
- Zayn Malik & Perrie Edwards Look Too Cute Together in New Pic