THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
With Oprah Winfrey's daytime talk show a distant memory, DeGeneres now is delivering her highest ratings ever in her 10th season on the air. The married comedian, 54, who claims about 15 million Twitter followers, continues to broaden her reach with best-selling books, primetime series in development and another daytime offering from Real Housewives star Bethenny Frankel.
Moment I knew I wanted to work in the business: The first time I heard applause. It was from my mother. She was applauding for my brother Vance, but still.
Who gave me my first big break: Johnny Carson. All I had was a mullet and a dream when he invited me over to his couch.
Proudest moment this year: Hitting every green light on Moorpark between Coldwater and Cahuenga. And, winning the Mark Twain Award.
When I leave work each day, I can't wait to: Honk at cute firemen.
Favorite way to unwind on the weekend: Very personal. How dare you.
Can't get through my workday without: Admiring my butt in a mirror.
Embarrassed to admit I watch: The number of shows I watch. Too many to count.
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- You Can Stock Your Bar With Whiskey Glasses Don Draper Actually Used
- Watch Jay Pharoah Imitate Eddie Murphy, Kevin Hart And Stewie Griffin
- Will Descendants become the Disney Channel's next big franchise? Kenny Ortega sure hopes that it does
- Jon Stewart: Donald Trump Is Exactly The Opposite Of What The GOP Was Looking For
- Before You Leave Town for the Weekend, Gaze in Horror at This Summer-Traffic Composite
- The End of the Tour Is Like Spending Two Hours With David Foster Wallace
- Read How Martin Luther King Jr. Affected Star Trek and Nichelle Nichols’s Career
- Rock Series From Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger Finally Gets Its Name