The Hollywood Reporter Reveals the Industry's Top 25 Art Collectors
John may be better known for his Grammys than his (Andreas) Gurskys, but the musician, with his husband, David Furnish, has amassed one of the world's most important photography collections, with an emphasis on portraits, celebrity and fashion.
First exposed to Horst P. Horst's erotically charged fashion portraiture, in 1993 John went on to collect Man Ray's Glass Tears, acquired for a record-setting $193,000 (now worth closer to $2 million). Favorites include seminal artists such as early innovators Andre Kertesz and Edward Steichen and portrait masters Irving Penn, Herb Ritts, Richard Avedon and David LaChapelle.
Through Sir Elton's continued involvement in the art world (in particular, his high-profile charity auctions), the singer broadened his interests to include new classicists Tracey Moffatt, Gilbert & George and art-world wunderkind Ryan McGinley.
- Cersei's Major 'Game Of Thrones' Nude Scene Is Officially Going To Happen
- Kim Kardashian Takes Her Crop Top To The Next Level With A Deep V-Neck
- Famous Women Point Out Exactly Why Leaking Nude Photos Is So Very Wrong
- Melissa Rivers Confirms Mother Joan Is On Life Support, Thanks Fans For Their Kindness
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Jason Statham Grab Brunch in Malibu for Labor Day!
- Uma Thurman Joins Co-Stars to Premiere 'Nymphomaniac - Vol. II' at Venice Film Festival
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Hold Hands After Romantic Mexico Getaway
- Lady Gaga Reunites with Pet Pooch Asia at LAX Airport - Watch the Adorable Video!