THR's 2012 Digital Power 50
"We have a built-in audience that never knew life without a Facebook page," says McCormack, 42, who oversees MTV's channels as well as VH1, CMT and Logo. "If you don't put out the right product, they call you on it." Buzzy content like Jersey Shore and the multiplatform O Music Awards, which let users (more than 22 million for last November's second annual show) vote for the most digitally innovative artists, keep MTV and its nearly 100 million Facebook followers ahead of the multiplatform curve.
For 46-year-old Flannigan, who heads digital strategy for Comedy Central, Spike and TV Land, Tosh.0 host Daniel Tosh is the ace in the hole. His show averages 4.2 million viewers, up 63 percent from the previous season and 250 percent from season one. The Tosh, Futurama and The Colbert Report iPhone apps have been downloaded by more than 2 million users, and with the presidential election season under way, expect spikes in Jon Stewart's Daily Show thanks to Indecision 2012.
- Content Titans
- How You Watch
- How It Gets Out There
- Who Pays the Way
- How You Connect
- Mobile Gaming
- How You Make It
- Viral Videos
- Talent Agencies
- Video Games
- Partner, Let Me Upgrade You: Hulu Finally Offers a Commercial-Free Option
- Two of Your Favorite TV Actresses Might Be in the New Star Wars
- Samantha Bee’s Full Frontal Teaser Has the Cojones Needed to Take on Those Late-Night Dudes
- Jon Stewart Only Has Great Things to Say About Stephen Colbert and His Late Show Gig
- Kate Upton Walks the Edge of the CN Tower with Boyfriend Justin Verlander
- Freida Pinto, Jenna Dewan & Rosario Dawson Celebrate The A List 15th Anniversary!
- Rihanna's Rumored Love Interest Lewis Hamilton Speaks to Dating Rumors
- Miranda Lambert & Jake Owen Perform at ACM Honors 2015 Following Their Splits