THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
Berman continues to expand her 21st century media company (with co-founder Lloyd Braun) as its celebrity news site, Wonderwall, reached its latest milestone when it garnered 1 billion monthly views. Berman, 56, and Braun this past spring also added the motherhood site Mom.me, the male-focused Mandatory and the pet-centric PawNation to a lucrative portfolio. The former network chiefs also will roll out soapy thriller Deception on NBC in 2013.
When I leave work each day, I can’t wait to: It was so much easier to answer this question last year because I would have said, “Be with my kids.” But I’m an empty-nester now, so now I can’t wait to have a glass of wine!
Favorite way to unwind on the weekend: My husband, Will, and I have an early dinner and go to the movies, or drive up to Santa Barbara.
My indulgence: I always have a good handbag.
Can’t get through my day without: My assistant, Rob.
What I’d tell my 22-year-old self about working in Hollywood: “It’s all going to be OK.”
Best advice I’ve ever gotten: From my mentor Peter Chernin, when I went to Fox Broadcasting as president: “You have a bigger problem than poor ratings; you’ve got poor morale. Staff morale is the first thing you need to work on. That will affect everything else.” And it was true.
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Ben Affleck Casts Chris Messina to Play His Friend (Just Like You’ve Always Wanted to Do)
- The Knocks and Glee’s Alex Newell Slay the Dance Floor in Their ‘Collect My Love’ Video
- Justin Bieber Will Be on The Tonight Show for a Whole Week (Because He Knows You Need Him After a Hard Day, Baby)
- AMC Is Planning a Stand-alone Episode of Zombies on a Plane
- Dylan Penn Shares Tea Time with DJs Sama & Haya at Just Jared's 'Way Too Wonderland' Presented by Ever After High
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: I Had a Sheltered Upbringing
- Jaden Smith Makes It a Boys' Night Out at Just Jared's Wonderland Party
- Jennifer Lopez: 'Clothes Are an Expression of the Music I Create'