Power Lawyers 2011
Title is still glowing from what she calls the highlight of her legal career: representing NBCUniversal and Pilgrim Films, producer of SyFy's Ghost Hunters, in a recent copyright case brought by a parapsychologist who claimed he had an implied contract to make the show based on pitching a similar idea. The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals initially sided with Title's clients, affirming the trial court's ruling that such claims are preempted by federal law, which will benefit studios in future stolen-idea cases. Although the Ninth Circuit then ordered en banc review and, in a split decision, reversed the trial court, Title calls the experience "remarkably fun." She adds, "to argue at the appellate level en banc, that's one of the things that you go to law school to have the opportunity to do." The mother of four has represented Universal for years, seeing the company through several high-profile wins, including a recent case brought by a graphic novel writer against the NBC hit Heroes.
FAVORITE LUNCH SPOT West L.A. Italian eatery Sotto, where Title's 27-year-old son is an owner and co-chef.
- A 'Bachelor' Casting Call Is Pretty Much Like Being In Vegas, And NOT In A Good Way
- Carrie Underwood Covers Wiz Khalifa's 'See You Again' Like A Boss
- Comedian Kurt Braunohler Is Driving A Giant Butt Across The Country, Because America Needs This
- Sandra Bullock On Media's Treatment Of Women: 'It's Become Open Hunting Season'
- Rick and Morty Season 2 Trailer: It’s Probably Best If Morty Started Driving the Spaceship
- Stephen Colbert Filmed a 40-Minute Public-Access Show in a Random Small Town to Remind You That, Character or Not, He’s the Best
- Paul Rudd Can’t Resist a Good Fart Joke
- What’s a Good Post-Divorce Show? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- Adam Driver Premieres His Film 'While We're Young' in Paris
- 'The Dukes of Hazzard' Pulled From TV Land Schedule After Confederate Flag Controversy
- Watch Stephen Colbert Hilariously Interview Eminem on 'Only in Monroe' Public Access Show
- Rachel Bilson Doesn't Mind a 5am Poop Diaper If It Comes with This View!