Power Lawyers 2012
Title recently stepped down as managing partner of Katten's Los Angeles office, but she's still as active as ever with complex IP and profit-sharing cases. Last year, she represented NBCUniversal in a dispute over who conceived the Syfy hit Ghost Hunters. At issue was whether federal copyright law pre-empted the easier-to-prove allegation that NBCU breached an implied contract. Even though the appellate circuit disagreed with her position, Title has been front and center on this issue and likely will shape the "idea theft" domain.
➻ My first client Representing MCA executives in depositions in a big antitrust case against TV networks. "My client was asked about conversations he had with Paramount over future licensing, and being fresh from the public defenders' office, I advised my client to take the Fifth. Next day, the head of the firm calls and says, 'You did what? We don't tell clients to take the Fifth!' "
- Winnie and Kevin Probably Slept Together and 11 Other Things We Learned at Last Night’s Wonder Years Reunion
- How Much Do You Know About American Horror Story? Take Our SAT Exam
- Garage Doors and Tanning Beds: 9 Actors Remember Their Famous Horror-Movie Deaths
- It’s Just a Normal Tuesday With Drake and ILoveMakonnen
- Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany To Make NY Stage Debut in 'The Way We Get By'!
- Ariana Grande 'So Proud' of Brother Frankie for Booking 'Rock of Ages' Role
- Michelle Williams & Marion Cotillard Celebrate the Foundation Louis Vuitton Opening!
- Matthew Morrison's Wedding Photo to Renee Puente Revealed - See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!