Power Lawyers 2012
Title recently stepped down as managing partner of Katten's Los Angeles office, but she's still as active as ever with complex IP and profit-sharing cases. Last year, she represented NBCUniversal in a dispute over who conceived the Syfy hit Ghost Hunters. At issue was whether federal copyright law pre-empted the easier-to-prove allegation that NBCU breached an implied contract. Even though the appellate circuit disagreed with her position, Title has been front and center on this issue and likely will shape the "idea theft" domain.
➻ My first client Representing MCA executives in depositions in a big antitrust case against TV networks. "My client was asked about conversations he had with Paramount over future licensing, and being fresh from the public defenders' office, I advised my client to take the Fifth. Next day, the head of the firm calls and says, 'You did what? We don't tell clients to take the Fifth!' "
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Sophia Bush Sends Congrats to Pal Aaron Paul For Emmy Win!
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'