Next Gen 2010: Hollywood's Young Guns
Hedlund says there wasn't much of an occasion for science fiction growing up on a farm in Minnesota. "Tron on the farm? No. But if you ask me about Episode 37 of Roseanne, I got you," he says. Only 10 days after moving to Hollywood after high school, Hedlund won the role of Patroclus in Troy, then landed a part in the feature-film version of Friday Night Lights. Eight years after leaving small-town life in his rearview mirror, Hedlund is headlining Disney's Tron: Legacy as Sam Flynn, the son of gaming genius Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges) who vanishes through a portal into another world. Also in December, Hedlund appears alongside Gwyneth Paltrow as an aspiring country songwriter (doing all his own singing) in the indie drama Country Strong. "I really couldn't play guitar or sing at that point," Hedlund says, laughing, of jam sessions with Bridges. "I also found out that I couldn't harmonize, either."
- The Letterman Years: Stories From Behind the Scenes of the Show That Changed Comedy Forever
- Mad Max: Fury Road Trailer: At the Very End of the World, Everything Looks Insane
- The Daily Show’s Trevor Noah Is Already in Trouble on Twitter [Updated]
- Ludacris on Ludaversal, Paul Walker, and Reinventing Himself
- Vin Diesel Debuts New 'Furious 7' Clip Starring Paul Walker on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' - Watch Here!
- Uzo Aduba & Lily Rabe Help Honor Sarah Paulson at MCC Theater Miscast Gala 2015!
- Scott Eastwood on Dad Clint: 'He Doesn't Give Handouts'
- Gigi Hadid: It's Not Okay to Model Until You're 25 & Then Become a Housewife