Power Lawyers 2012
In April, Gans won a big victory for producers Marshall Herskovitz and Ed Zwick over screenwriter brothers who claimed their ideas were used in the Tom Cruise hit The Last Samurai. (Gans proved the producers never saw the script.) Another victory that didn't generate as much press concerned the box-office bomb Tekken (less than $1 million worldwide). Newbridge Film Capital sued Gans' client cineFinance Insurance and Houston Casualty for $15.8 million when the film was delivered 13 months late. Gans, though, argued that the film did meet the deadline but the producer added enhancements that Newbridge agreed to. After a 10-day arbitration, cineFinance and Houston Casualty won costs and fees of $3.9 million. "It wasn't expected that we'd win," he boasts.
➻ Worst thing ever said to me After a federal judge castigated Gans' opponent for his lack of ethics and professionalism, the lawyer "said he was just doing the same kinds of things I had done."
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Julianne Hough Snaps Selfies With Former DWTS Partner Helio Castroneves
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!