Power Lawyers 2012
In April, Gans won a big victory for producers Marshall Herskovitz and Ed Zwick over screenwriter brothers who claimed their ideas were used in the Tom Cruise hit The Last Samurai. (Gans proved the producers never saw the script.) Another victory that didn't generate as much press concerned the box-office bomb Tekken (less than $1 million worldwide). Newbridge Film Capital sued Gans' client cineFinance Insurance and Houston Casualty for $15.8 million when the film was delivered 13 months late. Gans, though, argued that the film did meet the deadline but the producer added enhancements that Newbridge agreed to. After a 10-day arbitration, cineFinance and Houston Casualty won costs and fees of $3.9 million. "It wasn't expected that we'd win," he boasts.
➻ Worst thing ever said to me After a federal judge castigated Gans' opponent for his lack of ethics and professionalism, the lawyer "said he was just doing the same kinds of things I had done."
- The Cannes Diaries 2015: Aishwarya, Hitchcock, Heelgate and Wajib
- Jane Fonda Discusses Why She Thought Warren Beatty Was Gay In W Magazine Interview
- "Valley of Love" at Cannes: Isabelle Huppert and Gerard Depardieu Summoned to Californian Desert by Dead Son
- B.B. King Viewing Draws More Than 1,000 In Las Vegas
- Johnny Depp Transforms into Whitey Bulgar in 'Black Mass' Teaser Trailer - Watch Now!
- John Stamos Releases Statement on Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen Not Returning For 'Full House' Revival
- Dakota Fanning Dealt With Inappropriate Questions During Childhood
- Orange is the New Black's Dascha Polanco Opens Up on Battling Depression