Next Gen 2012: Hollywood's Fastest-Rising Stars
This producer-manager oversees the Los Angeles office of Apostle Entertainment, the production outfit of Denis Leary and Jim Serpico, and boasts a client list that includes veteran TV scribe Victor Levin (most recently of Mad Men) and screenwriter Cliff Dorfman (Entourage). The New Jersey-born Heller, 33, also has made his presence known in the political arena, raising money for President Clinton, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, L.A. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, and he even hosted a breakfast in Beverly Hills for Newark Mayor Cory Booker.
INDUSTRY MENTOR: My brother [Everest Entertainment’s] Tom Heller, who has producing credits on 127 Hours and Precious.
10 YEARS AGO: I was at Foursight Entertainment, a company I had started while in college [at USC] with Jeremy Bell and [fellow Next Gen 2012 honoree] Michael Lasker. We’ve worked together since we were 19 years old.
CAN’T-MISS TV: I religiously watch NBC Nightly News With Brian Williams. I never miss it.
LUNCH SPOT: Akasha in Culver City. I go there so often, I don’t need a reservation, and I know every waiter and every hostess.
BEST DAY: I sold Iron Jack my first week at Principato Young. Needless to say, selling a spec for $1.25 million in a post-strike climate was a good start. I had studio presidents and chairmen who also bid on the project very angry with me. Any victory comes with resentment.
WORST DAY: My assistant ordered me a venti soy hazelnut vanilla chai latte and forgot the extra foam. Said assistant is no longer working here.
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet
- Evangeline Lilly Gets Candid About Lost, Writing, and Comic-Book Breasts