Power Lawyers 2012
When CBS sued ABC in June to block the reality show Glass House days before its premiere, the network's owner Disney turned to Pomerantz, who successfully argued against a temporary restraining order by showing the ABC program is different from Big Brother. It's the first high-profile Hollywood spat since Pomerantz returned to his firm from a short stint with the U.S. Department of Justice handling its antitrust case against AT&T's union with T-Mobile. (Their planned merger was dropped.) In August, Pomerantz was successful in stopping Zediva, which bought DVDs and rented them online, on copyright grounds.
➻ Hot case Pomerantz is defending Warner Music in a case that could set how artists are paid for downloads by iTunes.
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!