Top 50 Power Showrunners 2011
With solid ratings performer Bones picked up for a seventh season -- after prolonged negotiations between Fox and its sibling studio 20th Television -- Hanson, 54, is working double duty this year. With the spinoff The Finder picked up to series and a recent four-episode addition to Bones, he is leaning more on longtime executive producer Stephen Nathan. "About 700 times a day I turn to Stephen and ask, 'Can you do this?' And 703 times a day he says yes." Hanson also had a partnership early on where TV was concerned: His earliest memory of the medium is of him holding his father's hand as they looked through a storefront window at a TV set broadcasting a cartoon in full color. The British Columbia-raised writer says "TV was always on" at home and offered an early indicator of his life's work. "One of my proudest moments was when my first show aired in Canada and it said. 'Written by Hart Hanson,' and my dad saw it," he says. "To this day, every time I see that credit on screen, I think of him."
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan
- Leonardo DiCaprio is Rapping 'Scenario' Alongside Jamie Foxx - Watch the Amazing Video!
- Hilary Duff & 'OITNB' Stars Take Over iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Girl Meets World's Sabrina Carpenter Releases 'The Middle of Starting Over' Video - Watch Now!