Top 50 Power Showrunners 2011
With solid ratings performer Bones picked up for a seventh season -- after prolonged negotiations between Fox and its sibling studio 20th Television -- Hanson, 54, is working double duty this year. With the spinoff The Finder picked up to series and a recent four-episode addition to Bones, he is leaning more on longtime executive producer Stephen Nathan. "About 700 times a day I turn to Stephen and ask, 'Can you do this?' And 703 times a day he says yes." Hanson also had a partnership early on where TV was concerned: His earliest memory of the medium is of him holding his father's hand as they looked through a storefront window at a TV set broadcasting a cartoon in full color. The British Columbia-raised writer says "TV was always on" at home and offered an early indicator of his life's work. "One of my proudest moments was when my first show aired in Canada and it said. 'Written by Hart Hanson,' and my dad saw it," he says. "To this day, every time I see that credit on screen, I think of him."
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014
- Megan Fox Gets Covered in Blood for a James Franco Project