Next Gen 2011: Hollywood's Fastest-Rising Stars
An original Jersey boy (as in, the U.K.'s Jersey, Channel Islands), Cavill, 28, is streaking faster than a speeding bullet right now. Though he had made strides in movies before -- his feature debut was in The Count of Monte Cristo in 2002 -- he was, until recently, known in Hollywood for film roles he didn't nab, such as the leads in Superman Returns and Casino Royale. In 2007, he did win the role of Charles Brandon in Showtime's period melodrama The Tudors, garnering an international fan base in the process. These days, Cavill's rugged image can be seen on countless billboards and bus shelters across the country for Immortals, Relativity's entre into the visual effects-heavy tentpole business that opens Nov. 11. Next year, audiences will watch him opposite Bruce Willis in the thriller Cold Light of Day. And, in true Hollywood-ending style, Cavill has gotten a second shot at Superman, becoming the first non-American to portray the Man of Steel. The Zack Snyder-directed movie is now in production.
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Interview: Sinéad O'Connor Isn't Bossy; She's the Boss
- Pregnant Mila Kunis Is Still Continuing Her Yoga Workouts
- Pregnant Megan Hilty & Her Hubby 'Bully' Audiences Into Buying Her Album to Help Pay For Their Baby's Education!
- Kim Kardashian Satisfies Her Sweet Tooth with Some Fro-Yo
- Mary-Kate Olsen Adds Horseback Riding to Her Resume - See Her Competition Pics!