Women in Entertainment 2010 - Power 100 List
The New York-bred McLoughlin knows how to handle stars. She received an early education ogling Andy Warhol, Truman Capote and Calvin Klein on her jaunts to Studio 54 as a slightly underage teen — outings financed by her after-school job at a dry cleaner. McLoughlin also held a job as a researcher at consulting firm Seltel and temped for Warner Bros. research head Bruce K. Rosenblum before getting her post in development at Telepictures in 1989. McLoughlin has never been one to sit back and wait for good ideas to come to her: she creates them. Today, with eight shows on the air, including Lopez Tonight and Extra, someone else does the dry cleaning while she takes care of bigger business — like overseeing Telepictures-owned TMZ; collaborating with CNN to re-sign Anderson Cooper next fall; and helping Ellen DeGeneres disengage from American Idol to focus on hosting her own show. “Ellen is … heir apparent to Oprah,” McLoughlin says. “With Anderson, [they are] our one-two punch.”
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Channing Tatum Joins Rapper Biz Markie For 'Just a Friend' Performance During Comic-Con Panel - Watch Now!
- Salma Hayek Teases Us By Saying She Barely Wears Anything in 'Everly'
- Emily Deschanel & David Boreanaz Gives Us Intense 'Bones' Season 10 Trailer - Watch Now
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Are the Hottest Couple in Miami