10 Grammy Greats: The 2012 Nominees Making Waves in the Industry
"I'm turning into the Susan Lucci of music awards shows," says Tedder, the songwriter, producer and frontman for the band OneRepublic, who has seen more than his share of Grammy noms -- six since 2009 -- without a win. He's up for producer of the year this time. "I genuinely feel honored, especially in the company I'm with," says the 32-year-old Tulsa, Okla., native, who's being recognized for his work with Adele and Beyonce, among others. (The competition: the Smeezingtons, of Bruno Mars fame; Paul Epworth, who produced Adele's "Rolling in the Deep"; Butch Vig; and Danger Mouse.) "But I'm not writing any acceptance speeches." Good thing he's a multi-hyphenate with several careers to fall back on, including hit songwriter and rock star. Says Tedder: "My wife probably wishes I just picked one, but I tell you what: Having the multiple outlets for creativity definitely keeps me in school and off drugs."
Photographed by Mark Leibowitz on Jan. 24 at Park City Live in Park City
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Emma Watson Gives a Powerful Speech About Gender Equality - Watch the Video & Read Full Transcipt Here
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan