10 Grammy Greats: The 2012 Nominees Making Waves in the Industry
"I'm turning into the Susan Lucci of music awards shows," says Tedder, the songwriter, producer and frontman for the band OneRepublic, who has seen more than his share of Grammy noms -- six since 2009 -- without a win. He's up for producer of the year this time. "I genuinely feel honored, especially in the company I'm with," says the 32-year-old Tulsa, Okla., native, who's being recognized for his work with Adele and Beyonce, among others. (The competition: the Smeezingtons, of Bruno Mars fame; Paul Epworth, who produced Adele's "Rolling in the Deep"; Butch Vig; and Danger Mouse.) "But I'm not writing any acceptance speeches." Good thing he's a multi-hyphenate with several careers to fall back on, including hit songwriter and rock star. Says Tedder: "My wife probably wishes I just picked one, but I tell you what: Having the multiple outlets for creativity definitely keeps me in school and off drugs."
Photographed by Mark Leibowitz on Jan. 24 at Park City Live in Park City
- 'The Theory of Everything' Shines a Light on Stephen Hawking's Love Life
- Robert Rodriguez's Inspiring Speech Will Make You Proud To Be American
- Victoria Justice On Dealing With Cyberbullying, Fashion Inspiration And Her Advice To Teens
- James Franco's New Film 'Kink' Explores BDSM Community, Lifestyle
- Lena Dunham Felt So Much Joy Watching Andrew Rannells in 'Hedwig & the Angry Inch'
- Chris Martin Wears Fat Suit in Coldplay's 'True Love' Music Video - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Swings By Kari Feinstein's Style Lounge Ahead of Emmys 2014
- New 'Gotham' Trailer Gives Viewers a Grim & Exciting View of What's to Come!