Reality TV: THR's 50 Most Powerful List
In its third season, the SPT-produced reality series Shark Tank has found its groove, hitting series highs and witnessing aspiring entrepreneurs often coming aboard with pennies in their pockets and an idea in their mind that becomes a hit with the investor panel and completely changes the entrepreneurs’ lives.
“It’s in an elevated place this season,” says Jacobs of the series, which added Mark Cuban as a regular panel member this year. In addition to her unscripted series duties — which include shepherding pilots from such producers as Michael Davies (Who Wants to Be a Millionaire) — Jacobs, who has her masters in art therapy, is staying optimistic that The Sing-Off will return for a fourth season on NBC.
“Every time we tape, there are always people on the brink of disaster whose lives change right in front of you,” she says.
- Exclusive Photos of A$AP Rocky Chilling, Blazing With an Artist Pal
- The End of the Tour Trailer: Jason Segel Goes Full Capote As David Foster Wallace
- Fred Armisen, Zosia Mamet, Vanessa Bayer Re-create Golden Girls for Jenny Lewis
- ‘We Have Lost the Ability to Flush the Toilet’: Art-Festival Culture in Istanbul
- Jason Statham Dishes on Working With Pretentious Actors
- Tom Cruise Always Wants to Give His Audience Their 'Money's Worth'
- Bruce Jenner Fires Back at Lawsuit Over Wrongful Car Crash Death
- Zosia Mamet, Fred Armisen, & Vanessa Bayer Recreate the 'Golden Girls' for Jenny Lewis' 'She's Not Me' Video - Watch Now!