The first-ever list spotlights the culinary icons and rising influencers of L.A., from the vegan chef loved by Ginnifer Goodwin to Carl Reiner's favorite Austrian sausage-maker.
This story first appeared in the June 7 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
From cross-cultural mashups to restaurant pop-ups, L.A.’s most beloved culinary icons and rising influencers drive the appetites of Hollywood’s food chain. Some, like Wolfgang Puck and Nobu Matsuhisa, are global brands with decades-long CVs. Others on THR’s first annual Chefs List, such as the young Ari Taymor and Craig Thornton, are under-the-radar breakouts on the cusp of the A-list dining stratosphere.
How the THR Chefs List is chosen
The inaugural 2013 honorees are split equally into Icon and Influential categories, determined by staff analysis based on cooking talent, creativity, clout and relevance. Each Icon has had a key, discernible effect on advancing the L.A. dining scene. Each Influential has clearly begun the process of achieving the same.
Written by Gary Baum and Tim Appelo with reporting by Bill Higgins and Erin Weinger.
- Gabrielle Union Says 'The World Isn't Going To End' If We See More Diversity In Women On TV
- Shantel VanSanten Lounges Poolside In A Cutout Swimsuit For Maxim
- Jimmy Kimmel Proves People Can't Tell The Difference Between Cold-Pressed Juice And Tang
- David Oyelowo Comes To Benedict Cumberbatch's Defense Over 'Colored' Comment
- Channing Tatum Carries Mila Kunis Away in New 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer (Exclusive)
- Brie Larson & Rosemarie DeWitt Are 'Digging For Fire' at Sundance!
- Tye Sheridan & Olivia Thirlby Premiere 'Stanford Prison Experiment' at Sundance 2015
- Patrick J. Adams Opens Up About Fiance Troian Bellisario's Guest-Starring Role on 'Suits' (JJ Interview)