From the genre gods (Guillermo del Toro, Stephen King) to the hot upstarts (James Wan and … Michael Bay?), these are the twisted talents raising the most hell right now in Hollywood.
This story first appeared in the Oct. 18 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
A wide-ranging group of twisted talents made the cut for The Hollywood Reporter's Masters of Horror list.
Among those on the list are genre gods Guillermo del Toro and Stephen King along with some surprising entrants, including Michael Bay. Also on the list are young actresses Kiernan Shipka and Chloe Grace Moretz, the latter of whom owes her career to horror after starring in a remake of The Amityville Horror at age 6.
Says Moretz of playing King's heroine in the upcoming Carrie: "I think what worked for me is that I feel incredibly vulnerable around teenagers. I never went to high school. I never had the time to understand them."
Read more about THR's 20 Masters of Horror below (listed in alphabetical order).
Profiles written by Tim Appelo, Rebecca Ford, Lesley Goldberg, Marisa Guthrie, Borys Kit, Andy Lewis, Pamela McClintock, Tatiana Siegel and Rebecca Sun
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Robert Davi: Singing the Songs He Loves in a Place He Loves
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Debuts First Teaser Trailer - Watch Now!
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Almost Sweeps Young Hollywood Awards 2014 - See Complete Winners List!
- Newlyweds Naya Rivera & Ryan Dorsey Kiss, Look So in Love in Los Angeles - See Her Huge Wedding Ring!
- Justin Bieber Receives the Champ of Charity Award at the Young Hollywood Awards 2014