From the genre gods (Guillermo del Toro, Stephen King) to the hot upstarts (James Wan and … Michael Bay?), these are the twisted talents raising the most hell right now in Hollywood.
This story first appeared in the Oct. 18 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
A wide-ranging group of twisted talents made the cut for The Hollywood Reporter's Masters of Horror list.
Among those on the list are genre gods Guillermo del Toro and Stephen King along with some surprising entrants, including Michael Bay. Also on the list are young actresses Kiernan Shipka and Chloe Grace Moretz, the latter of whom owes her career to horror after starring in a remake of The Amityville Horror at age 6.
Says Moretz of playing King's heroine in the upcoming Carrie: "I think what worked for me is that I feel incredibly vulnerable around teenagers. I never went to high school. I never had the time to understand them."
Read more about THR's 20 Masters of Horror below (listed in alphabetical order).
Profiles written by Tim Appelo, Rebecca Ford, Lesley Goldberg, Marisa Guthrie, Borys Kit, Andy Lewis, Pamela McClintock, Tatiana Siegel and Rebecca Sun
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014
- Megan Fox Gets Covered in Blood for a James Franco Project