From the genre gods (Guillermo del Toro, Stephen King) to the hot upstarts (James Wan and … Michael Bay?), these are the twisted talents raising the most hell right now in Hollywood.
This story first appeared in the Oct. 18 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
A wide-ranging group of twisted talents made the cut for The Hollywood Reporter's Masters of Horror list.
Among those on the list are genre gods Guillermo del Toro and Stephen King along with some surprising entrants, including Michael Bay. Also on the list are young actresses Kiernan Shipka and Chloe Grace Moretz, the latter of whom owes her career to horror after starring in a remake of The Amityville Horror at age 6.
Says Moretz of playing King's heroine in the upcoming Carrie: "I think what worked for me is that I feel incredibly vulnerable around teenagers. I never went to high school. I never had the time to understand them."
Read more about THR's 20 Masters of Horror below (listed in alphabetical order).
Profiles written by Tim Appelo, Rebecca Ford, Lesley Goldberg, Marisa Guthrie, Borys Kit, Andy Lewis, Pamela McClintock, Tatiana Siegel and Rebecca Sun
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- ‘True Detective' Is HBO's Most Watched First-Year Series Ever, Passes 'Game Of Thrones'
- The Real Story Of Piper And Alex From 'Orange Is The New Black' Will Surprise You
- Conan Shows 'Rare Footage' Of Jesus Christ's Married Life
- Texas Spitfire Abbie Evans Fights Epidermolysis Bullosa In Cary Bell's Butterfly Girl
- Elizabeth Olsen Has to Shred Her 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Scripts!
- Kate Bosworth & Camilla Belle Step Out for Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Gone Girl's Rosamund Pike to 'W Magazine': I Have to Prove I'm as Dark as David Fincher Thinks I Am!
- Miley Cyrus Forced to Cancel St. Louis 'Bangerz' Tour Stop Due to Extended Hospital Stay