The Hollywood Reporter Unveils Comedy Class of 2013
Gather the dealmakers behind some of the year's biggest comedy stars into a booth at West Hollywood hotspot Craig's, and the conversation (appropriately) devolves into laughs.
The group -- Hodes (whose clients include Seth MacFarlane and Anchorman director Adam McKay), Heyman (Melissa McCarthy, Will Ferrell), Rice (Mindy Kaling, Parks and Recreation creator Mike Schur), Becky (Louis C.K., Amy Poehler) and Smith (Daniel Tosh, Nick Kroll) -- joked about trolling for talent at Santa Monica's Third Street Promenade. But the tone shifted when they discussed their clients, many of whom have collaborated on or competed for projects.
Becky revealed that C.K.'s innovative decision to deliver his stand-up special, Live at the Beacon Theater, directly to his fans via his website came at the comedian's insistence, despite several lucrative offers from traditional outlets. Heyman explained his role in negotiating the deals for all three Hangover stars on the cover of this issue, while Hodes described the series of efforts (Comedy Central roasts, SNL) that paved the way for MacFarlane to host the Oscars.
- Do I Really Need to Watch Empire? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- The New Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Finally Shows Paul Bettany’s Vision
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Recap: Trippin’ in Amsterdam
- Self/less Trailer: Imagine You Looked Like Ben Kingsley But Then Got to Look Like Ryan Reynolds
- Daniel von Bargen Dead - 'Seinfeld' Actor Dies at 64 From Undisclosed Illness
- Courteney Cox Calls Ed Sheeran 'Amazing' For BRIT Awards 2015 Performance
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Final Trailer Released - Watch Now!
- Scott Eastwood Goes Shirtless, Spoofs the 'Bachelor' in 'Bachelor for Dogs' Video - Watch Now!