THR's Women in Entertainment 2011: Power 100
"I am still completely driven by seeing a great performance," says Queally, who's been with CAA since 2004. "Being able to see that that's the one to go for, thinking, Oh my God, who is that? and not being able to sleep at night over it." That instinct has led her to new talent such as Elana Anaya (The Skin I Live In), Jessica Chastain (The Tree of Life, The Help, Take Shelter) and Brit Marling, who co-wrote and starred in two Sundance movies this year (Sound of My Voice, Another Earth) and has another, The East, in production.
At the same time, more veteran clients such as Rose Byrne (Damages, Bridesmaids) and Kate Winslet (Mildred Pierce, Carnage) have recently explored new genres and new media, with success moving between TV and film work -- Oscar-winner Winslet added an Emmy to her trophy case this year. "The medium is more irrelevant now than the quality," says Queally, 50, who acknowledges that while good feature drama parts for women are harder to find, she still counsels patience in her clients. "I would prefer to wait it out and try another angle and a different medium to get quality work."
A County Clare, Ireland, native who maintains her strong lilt, Queally has lived in the States since 1989 and resides in Pacific Palisades with her husband, Brad, and their three children, Charlotte, 16, Ryan, 13, and Myles, 8. "I try to get home at least two evenings a week to have dinner with them," says Queally, who also serves on the boards of Mattel Children's Hospital UCLA, Heal the Bay and the US-Ireland Alliance. "They understand the job that I do is not a nine-to-five job, but they understand that I love it. We try to act like a five-member team, and we always have the idea that if everyone is contributing, the team does really well."
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Michelle Gellar And Selma Blair Had The Best 'Cruel Intentions' Reunion
- Cabaret: Betty Buckley Shines A (Ghost) Light At Joe's Pub
- 'Kung Fury' Released On YouTube In All Its '80s-Inspired Glory
- Mariah Carey Slams 'American Idol' As 'Fake,' Calls It The 'Worst Experience' Of Her Life
- Chace Crawford Hits Up Hugo's For Lunch After Memorial Day Getaway
- Emmanuelle Chriqui & Zendaya Hit Up The Reveal Of The Penthouse Inspired by Vivienne Westwood
- Rita Ora Keeps Smiling After A$AP Rocky's 'Better Things' Song Diss
- Rashida Jones Talks 'Hot Girls Wanted' & Porn: It's Almost Part Of Our Mainstream