Power Lawyers: THR Unveils America's Top 100 Entertainment Attorneys
Columbia Law School
Why he matters: This past awards season, Schreck had plenty to root for with clients Ang Lee (who won the best director Oscar for Life of Pi) and Tony Kushner (screenplay nominee for Lincoln). And though Lee's deal was papered years ago, Schreck says he repeatedly went to the mat for the helmer over marketing and distribution matters. The New York-based former litigator says he can enter a negotiation guns blazing when necessary but that the cooperative approach yields more goodwill. "When Tony Goldwyn needed three episodes off from Scandal to executive produce and direct a pilot he had developed, we had to convince ABC Studios how meaningful this was to Tony, and because of the approach we took when making his deal, everyone was much more amenable to figuring it out," says Schreck of Goldwyn's untitled drama, which has been ordered to series at WE tv. He also reps Elementary's Lucy Liu and Aidan Quinn as well as Kevin James and Sarah Jessica Parker.
Bid deal: Schreck helped score a $15 million payday for Ed Helms for the third chapter of The Hangover franchise.Click here to read THR's complete Power Lawyers list.
- Play On! Power Pop Heroes by Ken Sharp... The Greatest Collection of Rock Interviews of All Time? Could Be!
- Legendary Owns Horror With ScareHouse Partnership, YouTube Competition
- This Jubilant Man Winning $26,000 On 'Price Is Right' Is All Of Us, Really
- Pregnant Blake Lively And Ryan Reynolds Are Picture-Perfect On The Red Carpet
- Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss Realizes Josh Hutcherson's Peeta is Alive in New 'Hunger Games' Promo - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Garner Speaks About Sexism in Hollywood: Ben Affleck Only Gets Asked About 'Tits' on the 'Blurred Lines' Girl (Video)
- Kamara James Dead - Olympic Fencer Dies at 29
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)