THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
The former publisher of People en Espanol and Teen People joined Telemundo as COO in 2008 and oversees all domestic revenue and marketing; digital media and emerging platforms; mun2, Telemundo’s Latino youth cable network; and consumer insights. This year, she guided flagship Spanish-language broadcaster Telemundo through its first rebrand in more than a decade while continuing to focus on original content (Telemundo upped its original programming by 40 percent in 2012). With Election Night coverage and Mexican club soccer powering the network to its best November (among total viewers and those 18-49), Telemundo is on track to finish the year with its highest-rated weekday primetime in network history. Native New Yorker Hernandez, 46, was instrumental in launching the sales and marketing initiative Hispanics at NBCU, and she serves on New York City’s Latin Media and Entertainment Commission.
Moment I knew I wanted to work in the business: When I was in college [at Tufts], studying to go to law school, but every class I wanted to take was creative.
Toughest decision I had to make this year: Not ordering a second season of the mun2 show From Beyond, which is all about the paranormal, a subject that's big in the Hispanic community.
When I leave work each day, I can't wait to: See my husband [Jack Rico, who runs the Latino-targeted movie website ShowBizCafe].
Favorite way to unwind: Go upstate to our house near New Paltz, N.Y., in the mountains -- we even have bears visit us.
My indulgence: Expensive, very high heels, usually Prada.
Can't get through my workday without: I get antsy when my BlackBerry battery gets low, so I walk around with an extra battery.
When my relatives are confused about what I do, I tell them: I am "La Patrona," which is the name of one of our telenovelas. It means "The Boss."
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- 5 Seconds Of Summer's Calum Hood Sends Naked Snapchat, Then Shrugs It Off With Emoticon
- Why Courtney Stodden Will Never Be Marilyn Monroe, In Her Own Words
- Ridley Scott Addresses 'Exodus' Casting Following Whitewash Backlash
- It's Labor Day, Which Means Your Future Best Picture Winner Might Already Be Here
- Chelsea Clinton Leaving NBC News to Focus On Her Baby & Other Work
- Margot Robbie Begins Filming 'Tarzan' After Mystery Boyfriend is Revealed!
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Wife Sam's Home Raided by Armed Police After Gun Spotted Inside
- Ariana Grande Performs 'Bang Bang' On 'Today' Show; Tells The World She's 'Happy' About Love Life