Power Lawyers 2011
WHERE ART THOU? Jake, buddy. Really? Five years running, you're the only Power Lawyer to refuse to speak to me for your profile. I get it: You've built a reputation as the industry's anti-authoritarian iconoclast, a man whom Jerry Bruckheimer once said in these pages "looks more like a bohemian poet than a Hollywood lawyer." You don't really need recognition from THR or anyone. You represent Johnny Depp, flying high with the $1 billion gross of the latest Pirates. Transformers producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura is a client. Imagine Entertainment. Even Sylvester Stallone made a $100 million-grossing movie last year (The Expendables). But man, five years of unreturned phone calls is downright depressing. My therapist says I shouldn't take it personally, but I do. This year, I even promised your assistant I wouldn't ask any awkward questions about clients Charlie Sheen or Arnold Schwarzenegger. Still nothing. She even giggled at me a little. Yes, I realize that calling you out in the middle of a list to say you ignore it is not exactly a stinging punishment. But for me, it's therapy. I hope you understand.
- 7 Things You Didn't Know About 'Girls,' As Told By Jenni Konner
- Downloading Music Is Quickly Going Out Of Fashion
- Citizenfour Review: Quiet Moments in a Hong Kong Hotel Room as Edward Snowden, Journalists Fight to Save Democracy
- Polyenso's '17 New Years' Just Created Your New Favorite Genre Of Music
- Ryan Gosling Spotted for First Time Since His Baby's Birth!
- Hilary Swank, Ashlee Simpson & Evan Ross Have A Special Evening at Photographer Brian Bowen Smith's Wildlife Show
- Jennifer Lawrence's Umbrella Protects Her from the Sun!
- Evan Rachel Wood Snuggles Up with Katherine Moennig in First Pictures Together!