The Hollywood Reporter Reveals the Industry's Top 25 Art Collectors
Bloom and his wife have amassed one of the largest collections in the country, yet their foray started humbly.
Living in a one-bedroom apartment, the couple visited galleries as free entertainment. "It was something we could do and learn together," says Ruth. Four decades later, the couple owns nearly 1,000 works, including pieces by dissident Chinese artist Ai Weiwei, art darling Jeff Koons, local luminary John Baldessari and Matthew Barney, whose Vaseline Dumbbell they keep in their refrigerator, trotting it out for guests.
As a passion project, they resolved in the early 1990s to collect all 83 images from photographer Robert Frank's iconic 1958 book The Americans. They have 77, so, as Ruth laughs, "we're almost there!"
- Rihanna Slips Into A Bikini After Closing Out Monster Tour, Casually Hangs On A Yacht
- Here Is What A Mashup Of Scarlett Johansson And Jennifer Lawrence Looks Like
- Pat O'Brien Explains Why So Many Celebrities Aren't Truly Happy (VIDEO)
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Fatal Finale Says Goodbye To One Huge Character
- Heidi Klum Completes Ice Bucket Challenge on 'America's Got Talent'!
- Chelsea Handler Dines with Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Aniston & More After Ending 'Chelsea Lately'
- Jennifer Aniston Doesn't Want Her 'Value as a Woman' to be Defined By Marriage & Children
- Orlando Bloom Rocks Unique Shirt at 'Zulu' Press Conference in Japan