Reality TV: THR's 50 Most Powerful List
The pair, who began working together two decades ago on the hit kids show Fun House, hosted by Roth, have been busy growing their weightloss empire with such series as ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition and MTV’s I Used to Be Fat. “This year we’ll do over 200 hours of transformation TV,” says Roth, 44.
Nelson and Roth’s Redondo Beach-based 3 Ball Productions ventures outside of the genre as well, with projects like Spike’s Bar Rescue, Discovery’s Flying Wild Alaska and CMT’s Texas Women. The year has had hiccups, too, with Roth and Nelson, 45, no longer involved day to day with NBC’s long-running The Biggest Loser and their daytime effort The Revolution canceled in April.
“We tried to serve too many masters,” Roth says of the latter’s demise. The best friends live six doors apart in Manhattan Beach, where their wives and kids spend much of their time together.
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Ian Somerhalder & Nikki Reed Get Cleaned Up at Her House After Sweaty Workout
- Kit Harington & Nikolaj Coster Waldau Make Us Laugh With 'Game of Thrones' Bloopers Reel - Watch Now!
- Lea Michele & Boyfriend Matthew Paetz Roll Up Their Jeans For LAX Landing
- Channing Tatum Joins Rapper Biz Markie For 'Just a Friend' Performance During Comic-Con Panel - Watch Now!