Reality TV: THR's 50 Most Powerful List
The pair, who began working together two decades ago on the hit kids show Fun House, hosted by Roth, have been busy growing their weightloss empire with such series as ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition and MTV’s I Used to Be Fat. “This year we’ll do over 200 hours of transformation TV,” says Roth, 44.
Nelson and Roth’s Redondo Beach-based 3 Ball Productions ventures outside of the genre as well, with projects like Spike’s Bar Rescue, Discovery’s Flying Wild Alaska and CMT’s Texas Women. The year has had hiccups, too, with Roth and Nelson, 45, no longer involved day to day with NBC’s long-running The Biggest Loser and their daytime effort The Revolution canceled in April.
“We tried to serve too many masters,” Roth says of the latter’s demise. The best friends live six doors apart in Manhattan Beach, where their wives and kids spend much of their time together.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Boy
- Jennifer Lopez is a Sexy Slice of Orange on 'American Idol'!
- Mila Kunis & Olivia Wilde Take Us on an Emotional Roller Coaster in 'Third Person' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Justin Bieber Makes Time to Show His Gratitude To Fans in Beverly Hills!