Women in Entertainment 2010 - Power 100 List
A Harvard and Georgetown Law graduate, Prewitt has been heading the independent sector’s trade organization for close to a decade. True, it’s an awfully long way from her beginnings as a Wall Street lawyer, but with her background, it makes sense: Prewitt is heading the indie equivalent of the MPAA, dealing with legal and tax matters as well as overseeing the annual American Film Market, one of the world’s most important movie-sales gatherings. Her responsibilities may seem dull compared to shooting a movie, but actions like her successful effort this year to get a financial export initiative grant from Congress to open a U.S. pavilion at Hong Kong Filmart are pivotal for independent filmmakers. “It’s a breakthrough in getting the indie perspective out there,” she says.
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Reese Witherspoon Loves Mindy Kaling's 'Wreath Witherspoon' Creation
- Ansel Elgort Responds To Rumors He's Gay: ‘I Like Girls, A Lot'
- Reading, PA's 'Ugly' Charlie Brown-Themed Christmas Tree Has More Holiday Spirit Than Most
- Aaron Sorkin, Judd Apatow Call 'The Interview' Decision An Attack On Free Speech
- 'Serial' Season One Finale Episode is Here - Listen Now & Find Out How it Ends!
- Scott Disick Goes Go Kart Racing After His Third Child's Birth
- James Franco Gets His Mind Off 'The Interview' with Lady Gaga's Help!
- Liam Neeson Brings 'Taken 3' to Berlin with Forest Whitaker for Premiere & Press Conference!