THR Ranks Hollywood's 25 Most Powerful Stylists
WHY SHE MATTERS
In her first appearance on THR’s list, which comes on the heels of her first seven months as a full-time stylist, Williams whirled Naomi Watts through close to 150 looks.
Watts, Emily Mortimer
A week before the 2012 Venice Film Festival, when Watts needed a gown for the premiere of partner Liev Schreiber’s film The Reluctant Fundamentalist, she kept it in the family by phoning Williams, who has a daughter with Watts’ brother, Ben. “I was working and didn’t have time to do fittings,” recalls the actress. “Ten dresses arrived at my door, and I remember thinking, ‘Jeanann’s really good at this.’ ” Not long after that triumph -- Watts hit the carpet in lacy Marchesa -- Williams left her job at Manhattan fashion PR firm KCD to take up styling full time and hit the ground running to style Watts for multiple premieres and awards shows for The Impossible.
HER TOP LOOK
Watts tells THR it's the pale Marchesa gown she wore to the SAG Awards, but Williams adores the long-sleeved, open-back Bordeaux gown by Zac Posen from this year’s Golden Globes that earned the actress many rave reviews. “Naomi told me never to put anything red on a rack of options for red carpet, but I’ve put her in every shade close to red possible,” says Williams. “I’ll say it’s coral or deep wine or cinnamon -- I’ve even Googled synonyms for ‘red.’ ”
GETTING OSCAR GLAM
Nominee Watts wowed in custom-sculpted gunmetal sequin Armani Prive. “It’s the grand finale. You need to have fun, and you definitely need a dress with the ‘wow’ factor,” says Williams, who also dressed Mortimer in Zac Posen deep-blue satin with architectural shoulders for the Vanity Fair party.
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!