Power Lawyers 2011
You could unleash a swarm of bees on Newman and she wouldn't flinch. Literally. One of the toughest negotiators in the business found out last year when the organic vineyard/farm she owns with husband Gary Newman (chairman of 20th Century Fox TV) was invaded by thousands of yellow jackets. How do you get rid of them? "You don't," she sighs. Some of her legal adversaries may feel the same about Newman, who spent more than a year hammering out Matt Weiner's deal to continue as showrunner of Mad Men, a negotiation so complicated, she says, "It felt like we were reinventing the wheel." Equally challenging was her pact for longtime client John de Mol's Dutch company, Talpa, to produce NBC's hit The Voice.
GIVING BACK Newman has made mentoring a priority, taking on a teenage girl via THR's Women in Entertainment mentor program. "It helped me get through everything else this year," she says.
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014
- Megan Fox Gets Covered in Blood for a James Franco Project
- Renee Zellweger Breaks Silence on New Look: 'I'm Glad Folks Think I Look Different'