THR's Women in Entertainment 2011: Power 100
Newman, one of the town's top talent lawyers, found herself at the center of two major media maelstroms this year, representing Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner in his protracted renegotiation to continue with the show, and handling Real Housewives producer Evolution Entertainment during the fallout from the Russell Armstrong suicide. She also represented The Voice producer Talpa in its deal to bring the Dutch format to NBC, all while welcoming a high school girl into her office for THR's mentorship program. "It became a firm project, and all of us are better off for it," she says.
Newman says she's proud that after years of trying to recruit women attorneys to the firm, she is now surrounded by "four great female lawyers." The success in her day job helps make up for the cold weather that led to a challenging year at the central California winery she owns with husband Gary Newman of 20th Century Fox Television. "I am so happy that Gary and I don't need to feed our three children based on the profits from the winery," she jokes.
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Robert Davi: Singing the Songs He Loves in a Place He Loves
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Debuts First Teaser Trailer - Watch Now!
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Almost Sweeps Young Hollywood Awards 2014 - See Complete Winners List!
- Newlyweds Naya Rivera & Ryan Dorsey Kiss, Look So in Love in Los Angeles - See Her Huge Wedding Ring!
- Justin Bieber Receives the Champ of Charity Award at the Young Hollywood Awards 2014