Power Lawyers: THR Unveils America's Top 100 Entertainment Attorneys
USC School of Law
Why she matters: A pioneer in representing reality television producers (not to mention Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner, for whom she scored a famous $30 million deal), Newman this year branched into the digital realm, shepherding writer-producer Rob Thomas' successful Kickstarter campaign to finance a Veronica Mars movie.
Big deal: More than a decade ago, Newman -- who owns a winery with husband and 20th Television chief Gary Newman-- helped Dutch mogul John de Mol start Endemol USA in the aftermath of the success of Big Brother. This year she was instrumental in de Mol restarting a U.S. production company, Talpa Media USA, in the wake of The Voice. She jokes, "I've enjoyed the deja vu."Click here to read THR's complete Power Lawyers list.
- Reese Witherspoon Loves Mindy Kaling's 'Wreath Witherspoon' Creation
- Ansel Elgort Responds To Rumors He's Gay: ‘I Like Girls, A Lot'
- Reading, PA's 'Ugly' Charlie Brown-Themed Christmas Tree Has More Holiday Spirit Than Most
- Aaron Sorkin, Judd Apatow Call 'The Interview' Decision An Attack On Free Speech
- 'Serial' Season One Finale Episode is Here - Listen Now & Find Out How it Ends!
- Scott Disick Goes Go Kart Racing After His Third Child's Birth
- James Franco Gets His Mind Off 'The Interview' with Lady Gaga's Help!
- Liam Neeson Brings 'Taken 3' to Berlin with Forest Whitaker for Premiere & Press Conference!