Power Lawyers: THR Unveils America's Top 100 Entertainment Attorneys
USC School of Law
Why she matters: A pioneer in representing reality television producers (not to mention Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner, for whom she scored a famous $30 million deal), Newman this year branched into the digital realm, shepherding writer-producer Rob Thomas' successful Kickstarter campaign to finance a Veronica Mars movie.
Big deal: More than a decade ago, Newman -- who owns a winery with husband and 20th Television chief Gary Newman-- helped Dutch mogul John de Mol start Endemol USA in the aftermath of the success of Big Brother. This year she was instrumental in de Mol restarting a U.S. production company, Talpa Media USA, in the wake of The Voice. She jokes, "I've enjoyed the deja vu."Click here to read THR's complete Power Lawyers list.
- The Fantastic Four Movie Seems Really Good All of a Sudden
- Vacation’s Chevy Chase and Beverly D’Angelo to Reunite for a Pilot With a Very Silly Name
- Frozen Duo Writing a Song for Neil Patrick Harris to Sing at the Oscars
- Sundance: Watch Robert Redford and Nick Nolte Get Ready to Hike in A Walk in the Woods
- Behati Prinsloo, Karlie Kloss & the Angels Star in Victoria's Secret Super Bowl 2015 Commercial - Watch Now!
- Mandy Moore Hinted at the Ryan Adams Split Before News Broke
- Tom Cruise Allegedly Wiretapped Nicole Kidman's Phone & More Revelations From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- Former Hollywood Executive Cindra Ladd Accuses Bill Cosby of Rape in Powerful Essay