Power Lawyers: THR Unveils America's Top 100 Entertainment Attorneys
USC School of Law
Why she matters: A pioneer in representing reality television producers (not to mention Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner, for whom she scored a famous $30 million deal), Newman this year branched into the digital realm, shepherding writer-producer Rob Thomas' successful Kickstarter campaign to finance a Veronica Mars movie.
Big deal: More than a decade ago, Newman -- who owns a winery with husband and 20th Television chief Gary Newman-- helped Dutch mogul John de Mol start Endemol USA in the aftermath of the success of Big Brother. This year she was instrumental in de Mol restarting a U.S. production company, Talpa Media USA, in the wake of The Voice. She jokes, "I've enjoyed the deja vu."Click here to read THR's complete Power Lawyers list.
- Allow One Direction To Romance You In Their 'Night Changes' Music Video
- 2014 Latin Grammys Shared The Spotlight With Obama But Still Shone Brightly
- Chatting with Chris Botti and Madeleine Peyroux, Plus Twin Hidden Covers "Yellow Flicker Beat"
- Taylor Swift And Selena Gomez Have A Super Fun Girls Night With Ellie Goulding
- Connie Britton & Taylor Kitsch Have a 'Friday Night Lights' Reunion
- The Vamps Rock Out with Special Performance at Just Jared's Homecoming Dance Presented by Ever After High!
- One Direction Take The Cutest Selfie Ever On 'Kimmel' & Premiere 'Night Changes' Music Video
- Prince Harry Calls Out Charities 'Built Around Egos'