Power Lawyers: THR Unveils America's Top 100 Entertainment Attorneys
USC School of Law
Why she matters: A pioneer in representing reality television producers (not to mention Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner, for whom she scored a famous $30 million deal), Newman this year branched into the digital realm, shepherding writer-producer Rob Thomas' successful Kickstarter campaign to finance a Veronica Mars movie.
Big deal: More than a decade ago, Newman -- who owns a winery with husband and 20th Television chief Gary Newman-- helped Dutch mogul John de Mol start Endemol USA in the aftermath of the success of Big Brother. This year she was instrumental in de Mol restarting a U.S. production company, Talpa Media USA, in the wake of The Voice. She jokes, "I've enjoyed the deja vu."Click here to read THR's complete Power Lawyers list.
- The Power Rangers And Cookie Monster Fight To The Death, Naturally
- What The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Can Teach Us About Email Marketing
- Horatio Sanz On 'Saturday Night Live's' Politics: 'We Dropped The Ball' On Going After The Right
- Jennifer Hudson's Half-Brother, Stephen Angelo Simpson, Arrested For Alleged Stabbing
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Hubby Marco Perego Step Out for Sunny Stroll After Taking On the Ice Bucket Challenge
- Kourtney Kardashian: Mason & Penelope Love North West So Much!
- Gisele Bundchen Once Again Tops Forbes' List of Highest Paid Models, Has Had #1 Spot Since 2002!
- Robbie Amell Engaged To 'Chasing Life' Star Italia Ricci!