Hollywood Reporter Names 25 Most Powerful Stylists List
Yang met her No. 1 female client, Holmes, while styling a Batman Begins photo shoot; dressing Cruise for Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol appearances naturally followed. (Yang will work with Bale for the upcoming The Dark Knight Rises.)
“Jeanne doesn’t scrimp on the little things — it’s those details, like a leather collar on a delicate dress, that make the look work,” says Holmes, who is also Yang’s design partner for their Holmes & Yang luxury sportswear collection, sold exclusively at Barneys New York. “We both love to do research, do vintage shopping together, rip pages out of magazines and swap ideas,” Holmes says about their inspirations for the red carpet and their label. “It’s completely collaborative,” adds Yang.
Holmes often steps out in their pieces, such as a tiered navy Swiss-dot dress with a sheer-top panel at the Ghost Protocol premiere in New York. But they also love looks by Azzedine Alaia, Tom Ford and Calvin Klein (Holmes wore a Calvin Klein sleek royal-blue dress to the Emmys).
“We never take ourselves too seriously — we have so much fun in fittings,” says Yang. Chimes in Holmes, “Unless it’s a fat day.”
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Leonardo DiCaprio Tries to Keep Low Profile After Raising $25 Million
- Nina Dobrev & Damon Wayans, Jr. Play 'Let's Be Cops' at Comic-Con 2014
- Ian Somerhalder & Nikki Reed Get Cleaned Up at Her House After Sweaty Workout
- Kit Harington & Nikolaj Coster Waldau Make Us Laugh With 'Game of Thrones' Bloopers Reel - Watch Now!