THR's Power Business Managers 2013
In 1982, Bacon was working at an accounting firm specializing in real estate when he says he was told, "You are not an auditor, you are a business manager -- an accountant with personality." Bacon followed the tip into the entertainment industry and now represents a major TV network executive and two of the hottest Hollywood writers in town, among others.
Having grown up in a small town in Vermont, Bacon calls himself a "Yankee cheapskate" -- not pejorative for a man whose livelihood involves negotiating mortgage rates on major homes and deals on luxury cars. But Bacon isn't afraid to pass along financial wisdom to other business managers. "We're not like agents," he says. "We don't poach. We share ideas and enjoy saving clients money."
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'