TV's Top 50 Showrunners 2010
Eastin was trying to sell his pilot (originally titled "Redemption") until someone pointed out there was a very similar series called "Life" already on the air. But when USA contacted him post-WGA strike for a show idea, he lightened the tone and came up with "White Collar." Now deep into its second season, the show is a consistent hit and made a star of Matt Bomer. Eastin has also penned several film scripts, including an early draft of "Rush Hour 3" and "True Lies 2," which was shelved by James Cameron when Arnold Schwarzenegger went into politics.
Favorite TV Moment: "The last 'M*A*S*H', when Hawkeye kisses Hot Lips. A close second is the finale of 'The Shield,' which is probably my favorite show of all time."
Big Break: "I did 'Shasta McNasty' with producer Neal Moritz, which lasted a season on UPN. That was sort of my introduction into TV and I really haven't looked back."
- Nick Gurlach From Turbo Suit is Really as Awesome as He Seems
- Esquire Gathers Your Favorite Comedians To Uncover The Greatest Jokes Ever Told
- Demi Lovato Says She 'Wouldn't Be Alive' Without Wilmer Valderrama
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Clearly Not "Out of Time" - Stone Temple Pilots' Chester Bennington and Dean DeLeo Discuss the Evolution and Future of the Band
- American Ultra Trailer: Jesse Eisenberg Is a Stone(d) Cold Killer Who Will Save Kristen Stewart
- ‘Serial’ Will Have at Least 3 Seasons, With the Second One Coming This Fall
- The Artist to Watch in 2016 Has Been Dead for 20 Years
- Watch an Exclusive Clip From the Heavily Hyped Me and Earl and the Dying Girl