The Hollywood Reporter Reveals the Industry's Top 25 Art Collectors
The walls of UTA's new Beverly Hills headquarters might be bare if not for a Super Bowl bet Zimmer won two decades ago.
"I usually frittered away the money, but this time I wanted to actually have something," he tells THR. "I was driving by the old Butterfields auction house on Sunset and I spontaneously pulled in and found my first photograph."
What started with that Sally Mann print has become an extensive contemporary art collection (Nathan Mabry, Thomas Struth), much of it large-format color photography that cycles between the UTA offices and Zimmer's home, where he and his wife, Marisa, have an affinity for ocean-based paintings and photographs.
- Exclusive Photos of A$AP Rocky Chilling, Blazing With an Artist Pal
- The End of the Tour Trailer: Jason Segel Goes Full Capote As David Foster Wallace
- Fred Armisen, Zosia Mamet, Vanessa Bayer Re-create Golden Girls for Jenny Lewis
- ‘We Have Lost the Ability to Flush the Toilet’: Art-Festival Culture in Istanbul
- Jason Statham Dishes on Working With Pretentious Actors
- Tom Cruise Always Wants to Give His Audience Their 'Money's Worth'
- Bruce Jenner Fires Back at Lawsuit Over Wrongful Car Crash Death
- Zosia Mamet, Fred Armisen, & Vanessa Bayer Recreate the 'Golden Girls' for Jenny Lewis' 'She's Not Me' Video - Watch Now!