Next Gen 2010: Hollywood's Young Guns
As a top dog in former News Corp. president and CEO Peter Chernin’s ambitious new company, Jacobs looks to buy and buy big. “What excites us is technology’s impact on media ... specifically Asia,” says the New York native, who, during his undergrad tenure at the University of Pennsylvania, spent weekends working on sports telecasts for the fledgling Fox Sports. After graduation, he produced the Yahoo Online Music Awards and running content and syndication for IFilm. With a Wharton MBA in hand, he took a full-time gig at Goldman Sachs, where during the next five years he worked on major deals, including an Asian financing agreement for the Weinstein Co., the take-private of Clear Channel and the spinoff of Viacom and CBS. In 2009, he left to co-found the private investment fund Raine, then joined Chernin at the beginning of 2010.
- The Abu Dhabi Diaries: Can a Film Festival Help Us Overcome Misconceptions, Conflicts and Stereotypes?
- Famed Elvis Photographer Alfred Wertheimer Dead At 85
- Kirk Cameron Urges Christians To Celebrate Halloween By Sharing The Gospel
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Hilary Duff Joins Mariska Hargitay's Hubby on 'Younger' Set!
- Lily Aldridge Says Happy 26th Birthday to Her Partner in Crime Candice Swanepoel
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!