Next Gen 2013: Hollywood's New Class
Since taking over the agency's independent and international film department more than a year ago, Lacy has sold 45 films from such directors as Brian De Palma, Jim Jarmusch, Barry Levinson and David Mamet.
She notched one of the splashiest sales at the Toronto Film Festival in September with John Turturro's Fading Gigolo (Millennium bought U.S. rights to the Woody Allen-Turturro starrer for nearly $3 million). The New York City native and Brown grad has packaged an additional 22 films that are in postproduction, including The Skeleton Twins, starring Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig, and Infinitely Polar Bear, with Mark Ruffalo and Zoe Saldana.
Lacy, married and expecting her first child in February, continues to work with indie darlings like the Duplass brothers while discovering such new filmmakers as Hannah Fidell, Charlie McDowell and Clara Mamet.
FIRST JOB: I started out as an intern for documentarian Barbara Kopple's Cabin Creek Films.
PROFESSIONAL INSPIRATION: My mother, Susan Lacy, who created the American Masters series on public television that she has run for the past 27 years until recently announcing that she'll be joining HBO as a filmmaker. I'm in this business because of her.
IF I'M NOT WORKING: You'll probably find me at SoulCycle, Wild Card Boxing Club, prenatal yoga or partaking in a tasting menu at a fantastic restaurant like Sushi Zo.
MOST MEANINGFUL THING IN MY OFFICE: A sketch that my father did the year I was born, when we were living in Italy.
20 YEARS FROM NOW: I can't see myself not being involved in independent and international film unless something drastically changes in the world in the next 20 years -- in which case, I'll go open a Dean & DeLuca.
HUMILIATING PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: The most humiliating moment on the job was having bottles of Evian thrown at me by a Hollywood legend because they weren't Fiji water.
- Empire State Building Pays Tribute To Endangered Animals, Remembers Cecil The Lion
- 'Friday Night Lights' Coach Is Back With A Helpful Pep Talk
- A Fair Way to Choose Candidates for Republican Debate: Learning From the Oscars
- Candace Cameron Bure Shares Adorable Snap Of Kimmy, DJ And Stephanie On Set Of 'Fuller House'
- Watch the Fantastic Four Cast Weather These Ignorant Interview Questions
- Travi$ Scott Got Arrested After His Lollapalooza Act for Trying to Make His Fans Go Crazy
- Halt and Catch Fire’s Kerry Bishé on Donna’s Huge Season, and Why the Show Isn’t a Bigger Hit
- Mitt Romney Is Going to Be Pissed If There Are No Pancakes on Stephen Colbert's Late Show
- January Jones, Kiernan Shipka & Jon Hamm Have 'Mad Men' Reunion At Oceana's SeaChange Party
- These Photos of the 'Fantastic Four' Cast Holding Hands in NYC Are Cutest Thing You'll See Today
- Kylie Jenner Shows Off Killer Bikini Body in New Selfie
- Christina Applegate Answers Question About 80s Breakup With Brad Pitt (Video)