THR Ranks Hollywood's 25 Most Powerful Stylists
WHY SHE MATTERS
California girl Paster is one of the originals; she helped invent styling as a career. And she’s turned cool Brit Emily Blunt from T-shirt girl to certified fashionista.
Blunt, Miranda Kerr, Abbie Cornish, Jordana Brewster, Felicity Jones, Aubrey Plaza, Andrea Riseborough
HER TOP LOOK
Paster adored Riseborough’s canary-yellow Vivienne Westwood Couture, paired with a black clutch and matching black-lacquer nail polish, at the BAFTAs: “Some people wanted to say, ‘Oh my God, she looks like a bumblebee,’ but you know what? She looked like a chic bumblebee.” Salmon Fishing in the Yemen nominee Blunt also stood out in an embroidered gold Michael Kors gown with cutout sides at the Golden Globes.
GETTING OSCAR GLAM
Some stylists feel intense pressure before the Oscars, but not this red-carpet veteran, who has been styling for 17 years. “There are about 20 events leading up to the Academy Awards, so you pretty much have it down by then,” says Paster, who dressed Kerr in a smoky gray plunging Valentino for the Vanity Fair party.
BEYOND THE RED CARPET
Paster is chief stylist for the members-only online shoe boutique JustFab.com and also works with TheOutnet.com (the designer discount spinoff of Net- a-Porter.com), offering shoppers insider tips on topics such as the top five things to toss in your evening clutch.
- Netflix Wants Cary Fukunaga’s Beasts of No Nation, Starring Idris Elba
- Lorne Michaels Is Bringing Saturday Night Live to China
- Woman Accuses Bill Cosby of Raping Her Twice
- This Cut Saturday Night Live Fifty Shades of Grey Parody Answers the Question, ‘How Many Contractors Does It Take to Install a Sex Swing?’
- Jimmy Kimmel Takes On Anti-Vaxxers in Hilarious Sketch - Watch Now!
- People Behind 'The Dress' Divulge All the Details of What Happened on 'Ellen' - Watch Now!
- Hilary Duff on Life After Divorce: 'I Don't Know if People Are Meant to Be Together Forever'
- Carrie Underwood & Husband Mike Fisher Welcome Baby Boy Isaiah Michael!