THR's Women in Entertainment 2012: Power 100
The first — and longest-serving — woman to head sales for a major broadcaster, Ross, 59, again led her top-rated network to the highest advertising rate increases in the industry during this year’s upfront sales of about $2.75 billion. CBS scored CPM increases of up to 15 percent — no other network exceeded 12 percent. Heading toward a sold-out Super Bowl, CBS ramped up sports sales, including those for the AFC playoffs and NCAA basketball, with Turner Sports.
Moment I knew I wanted to work in the business: When I interviewed at Bozell + Jacobs in the early 1980s with a gentleman who unfortunately is no longer with us, Paul Wigand, and his office was really busy. There was so much energy.
My indulgence: Either a martini or a Manhattan on the weekends.
Totally starstruck around: LL Cool J. He’s one of our stars, and I love him!
What I’d tell my 22-year-old self about working in Hollywood: “Don’t believe your own press.”
Best advice I’ve ever gotten: “Don’t forget whence you came.”
When my relatives are confused about what I do, I tell them: “I bring in some money for the company.”
Proudest moment this year: When Leslie Moonves gave me my award at the Service Award Dinner to commemorate 20 years at the company.
Top three shows on my DVR: The Good Wife, The Amazing Race and Homeland.
- Items 1-10
- Items 11-20
- Items 21-30
- Items 31-40
- Items 41-50
- Items 51-60
- Items 61-70
- Items 71-80
- Items 81-90
- Items 91-100
- North West Isn't The Only Celebrity Kid To Bring The Cuteness To Halloween
- All The Creepy Laughs From 'The Twilight Zone' Because Evil Is Sometimes Hilarious
- 11 Times Mr. Bean Taught You To Embrace Your Inner Child By Acting Like One
- Miley Cyrus' Risque Dress Stood Out, But Her $500,000 Donation To Fight AIDS Stole The Show
- Daniel Radcliffe Wants to Work with Jennifer Lawrence & George Clooney
- Kate Bosworth & Michael Polish Fly Back to Los Angeles on His 44th Birthday
- Coco Rocha Shares Her Thoughts on Kendall Jenner Fashion Week Bullying Rumors
- Keira Knightley Shows Her Feminist Side By Discussing Gender Equality in 'Net-A-Porter's 'Edit' Mag