THR's Power Business Managers 2013
Blakeman recently put the kibosh on a purchase by a client who wanted a convertible for weekend drives up the coast. "My reply was, 'That sounds romantic and fun, but the answer is no,' " he says. " 'You already have two cars. If you want to do this, rent a Mercedes this weekend, a BMW next weekend.' They liked the idea, so it was a successful 'no.' " Such are the perils of working with creatives, the established film and TV writers who make up his roster. "My clients push boundaries, and they're really smart," he says. "I'm the checks-and-balances guy."
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!