Power Lawyers: THR Unveils America's Top 100 Entertainment Attorneys
Southwestern University School of Law
Why he matters: One of Hollywood’s top finance lawyers, Burke’s duties include management of 250 films in The Weinstein Co. film library, legal oversight of Dune Capital Management’s $600 million production and distribution arrangement with Fox, slate financing deals to the tune of $300 million and $100 million for Spyglass Entertainment and Focus Features, respectively, and Bank of America’s participation in a $1.2 billion credit facility for Village Roadshow to co-finance Warner Bros. movies. And in 2012, he helped raise $275 million more for Village Roadshow. Burke also represents three major New York hedge funds that are recapitalizing Relativity Media.
Key deal: Burke represented Bank of America and JP Morgan in a credit facility allowing Content Partners to acquire a 50 percent interest in the TV series CSI from Goldman Sachs. Every one of the entities on both sides of the deal are Akin Gump clients, notes Burke, “so it shows what a small world it has become.”Click here to read THR's complete Power Lawyers list.
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Leonardo DiCaprio Tries to Keep Low Profile After Raising $25 Million
- Nina Dobrev & Damon Wayans, Jr. Play 'Let's Be Cops' at Comic-Con 2014
- Ian Somerhalder & Nikki Reed Get Cleaned Up at Her House After Sweaty Workout
- Kit Harington & Nikolaj Coster Waldau Make Us Laugh With 'Game of Thrones' Bloopers Reel - Watch Now!