Hollywood Reporter Names 25 Most Powerful Stylists List
Crazy chic” is one way to describe Wujek’s sensibility. The stylist has carved out an unexpected niche contrasting radical hair colors with high-fashion labels, from Perry’s rock ’n’ roll blue ’do topping a lighter blue, delicately beaded Elie Saab couture gown at the Grammys, to Minaj’s pink hair setting off an emerald silk taffeta Oscar de la Renta ball gown at the AMAs.
Wujek has developed great relationships with Miu Miu, Yves Saint Laurent, Viktor & Rolf, Balmain and Roland Mouret but is equally enthusiastic about promoting an unusual item, like the CuteCircuit pale-pink-and-white light-up dress worn by Perry at last year’s Met Costume Institute gala.
“It made the cover of Women’s Wear Daily the next morning, which was exciting,” says Wujek, who worked as an intern on the 2003 indie feature Wonderland and assisted styling on commercials and music videos. The stylist, with his brand of surprising glamour, never takes away from his clients’ kooky personas — only enhances them.
- 'Who Killed Captain Alex?': The Best Worst Film of 2010, Uganda-Style
- Zooey Deschanel And New Husband Jacob Pechenik Welcome Baby Girl
- Gwen Stefani And Gavin Rossdale Split After Nearly 13 Years Of Marriage
- Get Ready for Lord Dominator, Wander Over Yonder's New Extreme Bad Guy Who Happens to Be a Gal
- The Mindy Project’s Ike Barinholtz Will Make His Literary Debut in 2017
- You’re the Worst Season Two Trailer Features Strip Clubs and Countless Shots, of Course
- Game of Thrones Gets a New Three-Eyed Raven
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale Are the Latest Celebrity Couple to Divorce Because Nothing Is Sacred