THR Ranks Hollywood's 25 Most Powerful Stylists
WHY HE MATTERS
He’s the king of pop-rock couture.
Katy Perry, Kate Mara, Amber Heard
You can trace the birth of Wujek’s styling career to a fateful meeting with Perry more than a decade ago at a party where the one-time model and future pop star would cement their envelope-pushing partnership. “I loved her look at the Grammys this year,” the Michigan native says of Perry’s cleavage-bearing mint-green Gucci gown. “It fit her perfectly in every way.”
HIS DIVERSE ROSTER
Wujek revels in the dimensional canvas of his client list. “Katy is sexy glam with a splash of humor, Kate is classic-chic clean, and Amber is straight-up seductress,” he says.
LABELS HE LOVES
McQueen, Dolce, Givenchy, Giles and Chanel
GETTING OSCAR GLAM
Social media has added another layer of mania to styling Hollywood’s big night, says Wujek: “You wear a dress, it’s online instantly, and the world is commenting. But I love the challenge.”
BEYOND THE RED CARPET
He stars alongside Tyra Banks as a creative consultant for photo shoots on America’s Next Top Model, which returns this summer for its 20th cycle on The CW.
- Soon You’ll Have to Ask Taylor Swift Permission to Say ‘This Sick Beat’
- What Should I Watch Until You’re the Worst Comes Back? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- Aaron Sorkin’s Steve Jobs Movie Begins Filming With Cast Full of People Who Haven’t Dropped Out Yet
- Chiwetel Ejiofor and Margot Robbie Discuss the Postapocalyptic Z for Zachariah
- Jennifer Lawrence Goes Makeup Free & Natural For Doctor's Appointment
- Bruce Jenner Will Document His 'Journey' on New Docu-Series (Report)
- Amal Clooney Was Asked Fashion Questions While Representing Armenia in Genocide Trial
- Dominos 'Fifty Shades of Grey'-Esque Ad In the Spotlight For It's S&M Content