Power Lawyers 2011
In making Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry's new deal with ABC, the network balked at raising the show's distribution fee. So Moonves, a list newcomer, made up for it in back-end profit participation. "We ended up with elements that normally weren't in these contracts," says the avid poker player, who also took a crafty approach to Ray Romano's incentive-heavy deal for TNT's Men of a Certain Age. He was instrumental in the dealmaking for CBS' The Talk, repping exec producer Jonathan Redmann and hosts Leah Remini and Julie Chen (yes, his sister-in-law). His TV-centric practice also included a rich new production/development deal for The Good Wife showrunners Robert and Michelle King.
OFF-DUTY Moonves is again heading to this year's World Series of Poker. He sees analogies between the game and the law: "You shouldn't ever be fully bluffing. You have to know you have a shot at winning."
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress