The Hollywood Reporter Names the Young Hispanic Hollywood Class of 2013
Cuaron, 30, and his father, Alfonso, co-wrote Gravity, which rocketed to the top of the box office, earning $514.9 million worldwide as of Nov. 18. The Mexico-born director-writer's next project, Desierto, is a Spanish-language thriller set at the Mexico border that will star Gael Garcia Bernal.
Dream actors: "There's a great wave of Hispanic actors, from more established ones like Gael Garcia to Edgar Ramirez and Oscar Isaac. They transcend the stereotype of what the Hispanic actor is," says Cuaron.
What's changed for Latinos: "Latinos are starting to have a really strong voice, and it's reflected in entertainment. When you're writing scripts, you're asked to create a four-quadrant movie, which includes people under and over a certain age and males and females, and I always joke that you have to add the fifth quadrant so it includes Hispanics."
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Kate Upton's Boyfriend Justin Verlander Responds to Leaked Nude Photos
- Jamie Dornan & E.L. James Have 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Reunion at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Kate Hudson Believes Eating Disorders Shouldn't Be Plastered on Magazine Covers!
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014